Monday, January 26, 2015

I Don't Go "Wow" Often...

...but just had my first cup of coffee made in the Aerobie Aeropress.
I'd read a fair bit about this simple plastic french press/plunger coffee maker. Could it really be that good? I was getting a bit frustrated with cup after cup of varying degrees of bitter tasting coffee, no matter what I did.
So I bit the bullet bean and ordered one.
It arrived this morning and after washing the device, I ground some beans and a quick boil of the kettle, pour, stir, press and what followed was one of those "hmmmmmmmmm" moments!

No dregs (I mean zero bits), crystal clear coffee, nuances in the bean I'd not tasted before.

I believe the hype....




Think I'll be taking my stove-top pots and other brewing impedimenta to the charity shop!!!


UPDATE: 12.30pm: Just had a second mug and can confirm the first was not a fluke. Tried using the 'upside down' method this time, as suggested by some owners, and the grounds probably have a bit more of a steep this way. Still a quick and easy way to make a nice cup of coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment